Well, I am off on a field trip today! We are going to Legoland! The kids are holy-moley-super excited! It's a new field trip for us, so that always makes me a little nervous, but we are organized, packed and ready to go...I'll update later to let you know how it goes- in case any of you are looking for a new field trip ;)
I had a terrible night's sleep last night- no idea why (end of the year overdrive, perhaps??). Couple that with 90 degree weather...ooooof, should be a fun trip!
But the cherry, oh, the cherry on top would have to be that once we return from the trip, our team has to work to correct our end-of-year math assessments.
Perhaps that is why I am inspired to give a little freebie to you today- in hopes to make your crazy end of the year days a little easier! Father's Day is right around the corner, so here is a little writing project and craft that can double as a cute keepsake gift... I was inspired by a print I saw on a Father's Day Card.
This is my plan...
- We will brainstorm what a hero is and what traits a hero has.
- The children will compare these traits to the traits of their fathers and rough draft three reasons why their dad is their hero.
- After conferencing and editing, the kids will be ready to publish. They will write their final copy on the paper below. They can color in the border and block lettering if they wish.
- After that, the children can work on coloring the block lettering and frame on the Father's Day card inspired print below. Our plan is to glue the writing and the print side by side on a large piece of construction paper, but the print would also look really cute mounted on construction paper and hung with ribbon.
- Once the above sheets are mounted to the construction paper, the whole project can be folded like a card. Then the students can work on the following project. They can make a portrait of their father on the sheet below. Another idea would be to illustrate their father as a superhero. I think that is the idea that we are going to go with. I think the dads will get a real kick out of that!
You can get your free copy by clicking below...have a great day everyone! Now, who's going to have that Friday-after a field trip-on-a-90-degree-day-margarita ready for me????