Friday, November 9, 2012

A Look Around My Room: October




Reading Strategies - the kids love them and remember them better this way than other ways I have presented them in the past.  After all, who doesn't love a Chunky Monkey?

Find these kid-friendly strategies along with some flyers you can use as Back to School Night handouts or posters by clicking below.  I've put them together in a Reading Skills and Strategies Packet :)




Daily 5...
I found this on Pinterest.  It is a link to one of my favorite Teaching Blogs..."The Teacher Wife"
Find the link to this  and check out Teacher Wife on my ELA Board.


Visualizing Freebie!
Visualizing




It's all about connections for us this week.  Are your students connecting yet?  Click on the mini-posters above to get your copy at my store.

A Pinterest inspired bulletin board - love this!
For the blurb, the students had to describe their "Reading Lives."  On the cover, they showed a way that reading is important in their lives.



One of my favorite books to teach story elements is My Father's Dragon, by Ruth Stiles Gannett.
Get the story elements FREEBIE  by clicking on that adorable student made dragon above (thanks, Matti!)


This will hang in my room all year.  I love how it turned out.

Compound word list template FREEBIE!
My students LOVE IT when they hear me say "CRAFTIVITY!"
This one was a lot of fun. Grab your free copy of the list template by clicking the picture above.

No comments:

Notes For the Teacher