Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gift Giving


Here's a look at how our Thanksgiving gifts turned out.  After learning about the Wampanoag Tribe, my students created stories using Native American symbol writing.
Since my first graders are learning how to write paragraphs and my second graders are learning how to write essays, we attached them under the painting.  Their topic was, "Things I Am Thankful For" - of course!
I think the projects turned out really nice.  I hope they enjoyed sharing them with their families this past weekend!

Now, switching gears a bit, but keeping in step with the gift giving - it's time to come up with a holiday gift.  I found this idea through Pinterest.  It connected me to Classroom DIY.  I love the idea of these coasters - and I love that website too!!  The idea was posted by Jen from Runde's Room.
I thought I should test the idea out before introducing it to my students, so I had my own kids whip up a batch.  I think they came really cute and they were pretty easy!  The original direction calls for shrinking completed designs down, but we kept it simple and created artwork on 4x4 paper squares.  We followed all of the other directions as stated in the directions.  
What do you think?  I think it's a go!  I can't wait to see what the little artists in my class come up with!





No comments:

Notes For the Teacher