Happy Saturday after Thanksgiving everyone!
I hope everyone enjoyed special times with family and loved ones.
I know I did...we were treated to a wonderful day by my sister and her husband in their new home - it was very special!
In between on-line shopping, house decorating and basically relaxing my over-fed sprained tummy, I worked on a few new things that I will be sharing shortly with you...
You can imagine my surprise when I got up to do some work in my early hour alone time and saw that I've been nominated by Miss King over at Ms. King's Enchanted Kingdom!
Thank you Miss King - I am looking forward to Blog Hopping throughout the day and seeing what great ideas new bloggers have to share!
Here are the rules:1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
- Although I am a New Yorker now, I grew up right outside of Albuquerque, in Rio Rancho, New Mexico.
- One of the best things I ever did in NM was ride in a hot air balloon during the Balloon Fiesta!
- I am the oldest of 3 sisters and 1 cousin-sister.
- I married my College Sweetie. xoxo
- Being a mom to my two girls is my biggest and most favorite accomplishment <3
- I ran in the 2008 NYC Marathon with my friend and fellow teacher Nicole- Once and DONE!
- I love to bake and taught myself how to make some crazy cakes (maybe I'll post pics someday).
- My father and I share the title of "Inspector Gadget" in our family - We love each other and all things techie!
- My mom is my hero.
- I love to sing in my classroom - not because I AM a good singer (by any stretch of the imagination) but because my students THINK I AM and that's good enough for me!
- This little tid-bit is time sensitive...considering the conversation my husband and I had in Home Depot last night regarding Christmas lights... I guess I DO have a little Clark Griswold in me: I LOVE Christmas lights - a lot of them!
Questions From Miss King:
1. If you could live anywhere, where would you live? Truly, any where with my family, but I would prefer somewhere warm and beachy.
2. What is the one thing in your classroom you can't live without? It would be really hard for me not to have all of the math games that I have worked so hard to create over the years - the kids love them!
3. What is your favorite food? My mom's (which was really my Nana's) Sunday macaroni and meatballs.
4. What is your favorite holiday and why? Despite it being so hectic every year, I love Christmas. I enjoy celebrating my Religion keeping traditions year after year. Nothing beats the magic that Christmas brings to all who believe :)
5. What was your first car? An old gray Thunderbird. Thanks, Papa xoxo.
6. What do you like to do in your free time? I like to read and snuggle with the hubby or the girls.
7. When did you start blogging? Two weeks ago! Aaaaaaaah!!
8. Have you always taught the grade you teach now? No, besides 1st and 2nd, I also taught 5th, 6th and Pre-K.
9. Do you prefer books on electronics (ipads/nooks/kindles) or reading a real book? It depends on the time of year. I love a real book in the summer when I can read outside. Otherwise, I like the light of my e-reader so I can read in bed at night.
10. Have you ever taught in another state or country than where you teach now? No, just here in NY.
11. You do you most admire? I am blessed with so many people in my life who lead by example of what it means to be a good, giving, kind and helpful person through and through. I also have several survivors in my life, each who teach lessons of strength, courage and grace. It's all of these people who I admire the most...
Blogs I am Nominating... :)
1. What is your favorite comfort food?
2. What is a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
3. What sound do you love?
4. If you could throw any kind of party, what kind would it be and who would it be for?
5. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
6. If you could be any fictional character from a book you read aloud in your classroom, who would you be?
7. What is one chore that you dislike the most?
8. Who do you admire most in your life?
9. When your school days are over, where do you want to retire?
10. When you have 30 minutes to yourself, what do you like to do?
11. What is something that you treasure?
Don't forget to leave me a link to your blog when you've answered! I am looking forward to finding some new blogs today and reading some new things about you!