Wednesday, January 1, 2014

CURRENTLY AND A ONE-DIRECTION SCAVENGER HUNT

Happy new year, everyone! 

Here's to a safe, healthy and happy 2014! The holidays have come and gone in a blur and flurry of activity, family and friends.  

There were so many good times over the past few weeks!  Here's my favorite snapshot from Christmas.  It's of the girls after they found out that they will be seeing One Direction this summer.  AHHHHH pure joy!

The hubs and I decided to wait until after all of our family were over for dinner.  I created a little scavenger hunt that took them throughout the house.  By "them" you would think I mean the girls, but I mean everyone...like aunts, and cousins and grandparents (I think the grandparents were the most excited!)

They had no idea what was going on until the last clue.  For all you 1-D fans out there (and you secret 1-D fans...you know who you are), here's a peek at the scavenger hunt.  The hubs said that I've officially lost my marbles, but whatever, it's what makes me, me!



That last clue left them looking like this...
and this....


and of course, it left me feeling like this... HA!!!!


I'm looking forward to getting back into routines of all sorts...family, exercise, eating, work, blogging, etc!

To get started, I think it's most appropriate to begin with the first CURRENTLY of 2014.  I'm linking up with Farley, and you should too! I love reading what you all are doing currently :)



Stay tuned folks...I'll be blogging again tomorrow- yes, TOMORROW! I'm on a roll. 
And besides, I have excited news to share.
Here's a hint.
Get your download finger ready.
It's almost time for a little Facebook Freebie hop :)
See you tomorrow (hopefully during a snow day!)

10 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through the Currently, and it is beautiful! How cute was that scavenger hunt? I would imagine that ear plugs were necessary due to the squealing and giggling. Beautiful pictures and beautiful girls. You totally deserve a Super Mom award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the screams were off the charts! I am happy to have found your blog through Currently, too! What a great linky! :) Happy new year!

      Delete
  2. You definitely are a supermom! What a fabulous way for your girls to find their gift. I have 2 girls as well. They do grow up way too fast! My oldest will start high school next year. I'm so not ready for that!!!!!! Glad I found your blog through the Currently. Happy New Year!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, thanks for stopping by! My oldest will be in HS next year too! aaaaahhhhh! I'm coming over to your blog now...perhaps we may need to stay in touch as we move on to high school ;)

      Delete
  3. Yes, you get the award for supermom! That scavenger hunt was too cute! I know your girls will never forget that! My youngest is definitely a One Direction fan. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and my TpT store! I hope you enjoy the packets! Happy New Year!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for your girls! I found your blog tonight and just LOVE your layout - it is so clean, and easy to read! I am one of your newest followers!

    Kate :)
    Stop by and visit McDee's Busy Bees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know which I love more- the photos of your girls or the creative scavenger hunt cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. We did a quiz for our daughter this year instead of the scavenger hunt. It was so much fun. I wish we were better at taking pictures so I could share them with you. I am glad to see you are blogging again. I've missed you. I am looking forward to this weekend's event.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.

    Charlene/Diamond Mom


    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! My mom used to send my brothers and I on a scavenger hunt each Christmas for our "big" gift!! I just went down memory lane and stayed for awhile! Your clues were much more thought out. I think my mom made them Christmas Eve...she's a nut! Anyway...you are a supermom! They will remember this forever!!!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Notes For the Teacher