Monday, July 29, 2013

Hey, Teachers...Show Us Your Lesson Planners!


Welcome to the first day of the School Week Linky! Today we are talking about Lesson Planners.  Link up your blog posts (old or new!), products and stores.  Give us all a peek at what you have going on inside that lesson planner of yours!  (I would be so happy if you linked back to this post!) I am looking forward to seeing how you all stay organized from day to day.  I also love seeing how people set up their lesson plans - I am always on the look-out for great ideas!

Here's what I've got for you...
It's been a long time since I've used a store-bought planner.  I was never able to get all of the information I needed into those little boxes.  My plan book has changed and evolved over the years and I've learned that I enjoy having everything in one big binder so it's all at my fingertips.  I do, however keep a separate Student Data Binder, because there is too much information to hold in one binder.

I start with a cute cover that I think I will enjoy looking at all year.  Here are some examples of covers I've had in the past:
I use tab dividers to divide up all of the goodies inside of my binder.  I put my calendar and important dates in first. 

The next section contains my lesson plans.  I know it takes up more paper, but I like to do a plan for each day rather than "a week at a glance." I've recently gotten glasses, so I like to be able to see everything nice and easily!  I've changed the format a little each year, but this is what I have for this year.  I saved it as a template so I can just add in the Objectives/Standard, Content, Delivery and Assignment.
To keep track of what I am teaching, I keep curriculum guides and Common Core Checklists in the next few tabs.  Here are two examples:



I save the last few tabs for school-related information, including original copies of my class lists in case I need to make extra copies for day to day use.  I also hold on to district phone numbers, technology information, etc.  I also have a sheet to keep all of those computer log-ins/passwords on!  This year, I also added a "Notes" section so I can keep my PD notes handy in my binder as well!

That's a look at what's inside of my planner...It's ready for September (but I am not sure if I am yet!) For visiting today, I have a little freebie for you...Just click on the picture to grab it! Now you can keep track of birthdays, too :)


Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see your planners!  I will keep this Linky up until DECEMBER, so come back and link up whenever you are ready.  

Stay tuned for tomorrow when we link up our favorite read-alouds!  Here is the line-up for the rest of the week..Ready, set, SHARE!

LINK :)






19 comments:

  1. Oh-Em-Gee! Your stuff is so cute!!! I need this!!! When you see my post on how boring my plans are, then you will see why I am saying this!!! BORING! All of your cute stuff would get me EXCITED to teach everyday!!! :) Love it!

    Allison Stuckey
    http://stuckeyinsecond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! I loved your blog post and the tip about posting the lessons in a clear sleeve! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I used to use a lesson planner online, but could never print them out so that it was easy to read. Which meant when I had a sub, I had to re-write everything all over. I think I like this a lot better! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment Meghan :) I tried the online planner too...I'm a little old school I guess with typing up a document lol

      Delete
  3. Love it! I really like your standards checklists! Do you have them in your store? Thanks for sharing, I linked up!
    Hilary

    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hillary...They are not up yet. but look for a flash freebie soon....maybe Friday?!?! shhhh

      Delete
  4. I LOVE your planner - thanks for giving me "a peek"! Although I am not linking up today, I look forward to doing so several other days this week! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. Thanks for stopping by! Looking forward to seeing you again this week!

      Delete
  5. Such a great linky party idea. Thanks for doing this!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome and thanks for linking up! You had a great post! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited about this linky party! And I *love* your binder!

    You'll see from my link that mine is very plain, especially in comparison to yours :( haha ...I like how you "spice yours up" with colors and clipart. Makes it so much more fun to write in!!

    ...I might have to tweak my binder now after peeking at yours :)

    Thanks for the inspiration, linky, AND freebie!!!
    Sam
    Fun With Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, I loved your post and think your binder looks awesome. Love the Damask freebies too! Pinned them to Pinterest!

      Delete
  7. Hey there!
    Love your planner! I linked up the one I'm using and it's fabulous as well! :) Thanks for a fun linky!
    ~Lindsay
    Just Keep Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsay...It is absolutely FABULOUS! I love how you put it together. Thanks for the great ideas!

      Delete
  8. Hi Tracey! Thanks for a great linky. Looking forward to checking out all the planners!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up. Loved your planner and the giveaway, too ;)

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing the birthday freebie. I am looking forward to your linky=)
    Lisa L.
    TGIF- Third Grade Is Fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your binder! Thanks for the birthday freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What computer program do you use to create this? I love how it looks and I would love to try and make my own.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Notes For the Teacher